* Your role will be to develop control systems hardware and PLC software for both current and future equipment and your responsibilities will include conceptual design, electrical CAD, technical documentation, BOM’s, design calculations and feasibility studies.
* You will be working in a progressive team of multi-disciplined engineers within the overall engineering department.
* Although this is a controls & software design position, knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems would be very useful.
* At times there will be a requirement to work with the other teams within the company and there will be some possibility of foreign travel.
The job holder will be technically motivated with a broad engineering knowledge with a number of years’ experience in a manufacturing industry designing special purpose control systems for machines or capital equipment. Good organization skills and able to communicate effectively with customers and senior management, both internal and external are required.
Key Abilities and Experience
* PLC programming experience is essential: Siemens S7 or Allan Bradley.
* Manufacturing industry Automation experience is essential.
* Knowledge of SCADA and HMI and motor drive programming would be an advantage.
* HND or Degree level in control/electrical/electronic or related engineering subjects.
* Previous use of Elecworks electrical CAD software package or a similar software for circuit design package is desirable.
* A good level of practical ability is desirable.
* Good general PC skills including all MS Office packages desirable.
* A general knowledge of mechanical engineering would be useful.