Service Crew - Funeralcare - Part time
£8.91 - £9.90 per hour plus benefits
20 hours per week. Flexibility required across 7 days with 2 positions available
We're looking for people to join the Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning team as service crew on a part time basis. With our commitment to meeting the individual needs of our clients, you'll form part of one big team focussed on providing a world class funeral service. And you'll have an important role to play in delivering that.
As part time service crew in Hook your main duties will involve working within our Ambulance team. You'll also be required on occasion to spend time supporting both the funeral itself and the care of the deceased. It'll be important that you work closely as one team, so that we maintain a seamless service for our clients. You'll report into the care logistics manager, who make sure the right people and the right resource are in place to deliver the client's needs.
What you'll do
* work within our Ambulance team, performing duties such as collecting the deceased and bringing them into our care.
* collect the deceased from a range of locations and scenarios, which sometimes can be distressing, in a professional, empathetic and dignified manner (there will be a night ambulance crew that will cover collections during the night time)
* prepare coffins and engrave name plates, taking care to do this accurately and as instructed
* form part of the funeral service, working alongside the ceremonial crew, bearing coffins and driving our vehicles maintaining a dignified and professional manner
* prepare the deceased in our care for both viewings and the funeral, working closely alongside the funeral director and arranger
* maintain the cleanliness of equipment and facilities, including our ceremonial vehicles
This role would suit people who have
* a full UK manual driving licence (for at least 2 years if you're based in Northern Ireland)
* a professional and caring approach
* the ability take instructions and follow them to the letter, with high attention to detail
* a calm approach in a changing situation
* no problems manually lifting and no specific health reasons to stop you doing so
* an understanding that each and every funeral is unique
* the desire and flexibility to work on a part time basis
As a Co-op colleague you'll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a package that includes:
* a competitive salary
* 23 days holiday (rising with service)
* discounts on Co-op products and services
* a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies.
As part of your application you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.