C#/MVC E-commerce Developer
£45,000 - £55,000
A strong-skilled C#/MVC developer is required to increase the permanent capacity of the development team in Portsmouth and to work with existing web and application developers working on a range of transactional web applications for our Insurance business.
The role would be highly individualised and allow growth and exposure in multiple disciplines and the successful candidate would be tasked with work on our range of applications for a diverse group of companies.
Skills and knowledge
- Strong commercial experience of server-side development with C#, Asp.Net MVC, Razor and SQL Server is essential.
- Practised with XML, SOAP, REST and JSON web-services with WCF & WebAPI as well as AJAX technologies is essential.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and DevOps principles such as deployment automation solutions including TeamCity, OctoDeploy and PowerShell would be ideal.
- Hands on experience of creating, updating and debugging AngularJS and Angular client-side UI functionality.
- A successful candidate would be dynamic, reliable and willing with an opportunity to become involved in a variety of tasks ranging from application design, front-end and server-side development.
- As a candidate you will have experience of working in an Agile (Kanban) team and have an inquisitive mind-set and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Applicants should have good time management skills and be able to manage workloads appropriately.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills are essential to provide good business value and ensure that our products are of high technical standard.
- Develop and maintain our e-commerce web sites and highly transactional applications. This includes mobile and tablet capable site and application development.
- Successful candidates would ideally have exposure to web hosting environments and would gain knowledge of IIS web-servers, firewalls, load-balancing, DNS and domain hosting & management and SEO practices.
- The role would involve developing functional enhancements for our business stakeholders and diagnosing and fixing issues raised with our main insurance platform and customer facing ecommerce sites.
- Team members will have access to online learning resources and productivity tools.
- There are opportunities to mentor and support learning and growth of other developers and to be a key member of the team.