Interim PA to Director – Eastleigh
Contract until end of November 2019
Salary: up to £30,000pa dep on experience
Our client has an exciting opportunity to join the team as an interim PA to Director. Through strong planning and organisation, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing professional PA support to the Director, ensuring the smooth running of their personal and departmental objectives, plus where agreed, support to the respective Heads of Department enabling them to use their time more efficiently.
Working with stakeholders of all levels, the PA to the Director will be responsible for handling business sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis. You will use your excellent eye for detail to draft, edit and format documents, as well as being responsible for the dissemination of this information to the appropriate parties.
* Receive and deal with written and verbal queries/correspondence emanating from both inside and outside the business involving a Director/Manager as appropriate. These will include contact with senior personnel of major clients, customers and journalists.
* Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing. This will include being resource point of contract for departmental organisational charts, contact lists, holiday charts and non-confidential personnel information.
* Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations. Ensuring that with knowledge of Director’s upcoming meetings, relevant papers are obtained from the teams prior to the meetings (with time for the Director to review).
* Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them appropriately. This will include liaising with various Departments/Teams, having knowledge of other Directors whereabouts or teams.
* Maintain central information, inboxes, diary systems and files for Directors and Managers. Working heavily with other Directors PA’s as well as external companies to ensure diaries are maintained and organised effectively. Learning which meetings take precedent when there are conflicts.
* Prepare reports and/or letters based on notes and instructions from the Directors and other Departmental Heads.
* Arranging travel, visa (as needed), and accommodation using, where appropriate, business corporate rates.
* Processing expense reports for Directors and obtaining approval for their teams’ expenses when appropriate.
* Meeting and greeting visitors of all levels.
* Organising and attending meetings and where appropriate providing dictation and minutes.
* Covering for other PA’s during period of holidays or absence.
Experience & Competencies:
* Previous PA background to CEO & Director level
* Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities while remaining calm under pressure.
* Problem solving - ability to use own initiative and propose solutions.
* Proactive and capable of initiating various activities.
* Ability to forward plan and anticipate requirements wherever possible.
* Assertive, proactive and forthcoming in asking questions/seeking clarification.
* Teamwork – interacting with other PA’s within the business to ensure appropriate dissemination of sensitive and confidential information. Actively providing guidance and advice to members of the team.
* Excellent tact and diplomacy skills, as position requires post holder to handle a wide range of situations and personalities.
* Strong influencing skills as post holder is often required to handle a number of conflicting priorities whilst managing the expectations of others.
* Experience of working at Senior Management level in a rapidly changing environment.