Job of Quality Inspector
This purpose of this role is to inspect goods either material or machined parts, to create, implement and maintain quality control procedures and processes to ensure all products and services meet their designed dimensional, functional and aesthetic specifications.
Basic hours are 08.00 to 16.30 five days per week (40 hours)
Key Duties And Responsibilities of Quality Inspector
• Along with the QA consultant and QA Manager, revise and implement the companies Quality Management System to ensure that processes are defined and under control.
• Manage Goods Inward inspection processes for all material and machined parts entering the site ensuring compliance to specifications
• Along with Production Engineering, Team leaders and Design, interpret engineering drawings and processes to devise and implement applicable QA standards.
• Based on the process, experience and previous results, define, refine and implement appropriate test and inspection periods for each product and process.
• Select products at the specified stages in production for test and inspection for their dimensional, physical, electrical, functional and aesthetic characteristics.
• Record test data and where required apply statistical quality control procedures.
• Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviation from existing standards
• Recommend modification of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
• Set up and perform destructive and non-destructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, and material characteristics.
• Maintain the QA department equipment including the calibration and availability of test equipment.
• Proactively promote quality throughout the company products, processes, procedures and personnel.
• As required, attend quality meetings and provide information on adherence to QA targets and any specific quality issues and projects.
• Will have worked in a high volume metal manufacturing type environment and will have a good understanding of quality assurance principles including the development of test and inspection procedures.
• Good working knowledge of metal manufacturing processes including precision machining and high volume assembly.
• Have the ability to use basic inspection equipment including digital height gauges, surface tables, DTI, analogue micrometers and bore gauges. Some CMM knowledge useful.
• Computer literate including Word and Excel.
• Actively promote quality through approach and dealings with company employees
• Understand the requirements of the company’s products sufficiently to be able to promote quality at an applicable level.
• Methodical approach to work, record keeping and their dealings with other employees.