NURSERY NURSE PRACTITIONER
We are a well-established Outstanding Nursery School, offering parents an all year provision based in New Forest and Southampton, and we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and self-motivated Nursery Practitioner to work with a friendly team of child carers.
Salary: £285 per week
Hours of Work: 8 hours per day on a variable shift basis, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am – 6 pm.
* Completion of a recognised Childcare qualification Level 2, 3 or above, e.g. Level 2 or 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce, NVQ Level 2, 3 or above in Children’s Care, Learning and Development – or be working towards completion
* First Aid training is desirable
Purpose of role
* To be responsible for the planning and delivery of an inclusive curriculum suitable to meet the children’s individual needs.
* To ensure a high standard of care and education for the children.
* To give support to other personnel within their team and the Nursery School.
* To implement the Early Years Foundation Stage and ensure all the children’s individual needs are met, and all areas of development are encouraged through play.
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of the EYFS is essential
* Knowledge of Ofsted guidelines and Welfare requirements is essential
* A detailed understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection is essential
* Relevant experience of caring after age range 0 to 5 years will be an advantage
* Knowledge of the key person systems and record keeping will be an advantage
* Ability to build positive relationships with children and families
* Ability to communicate and work in partnership with families and carers
* Strong teamwork and collaboration qualities
* Good written and verbal skills for report writing, maintaining child records and providing feedback to parents/carers and colleagues
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter specifying the job title
* Childcare: 3 years (Preferred)
* Within a Nursery Setting: 2 years (Preferred)
* DBS Certificate (Preferred)
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.