About the role
Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Activities Assistant is one of the key roles within our communities. As an Activities Assistant you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day activities and programs for a Sunrise Senior Living community. You will assist and lead volunteer-based activities and programs that enrich the lives of the residents. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As an Activities Assistant you will maintain relationships with local schools, businesses and social organisations in maintaining an active network of volunteers and community resources. You will maintain a monthly calendar of activities and events that provide a variety of resident and family centred experiences.
Is everyday special to you? Could you make every day special for our Residents? Can you help to implement a stimulating and engaging activities programme designed to meet individual needs? Patient, caring and compassionate, you will be capable of thinking on your feet whilst motivating volunteers and inspiring others with your cheerful personality.
- Proven related experience preferably in a senior living environment.
- Proven ability to train and motivate volunteers and fellow team members to provide the best in quality activity programming.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.
- As an Activities Assistant, you will also be required to make small group presentations and take the lead in orienting and training all volunteers.
- Experience preferred in volunteer recruitment, coordination and training
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and facilitate small group presentations
- Ability to lead and motivate people to become involved in social events and various activities
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and plan
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company’s mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: “to champion quality of life for all seniors”.
In addition to 25 UK care homes, Sunrise has hundreds of other communities in the USA and Canada. Each care home offers personalised care services based on individual need. These range from basic care and help with the tasks of everyday living to more intensive nursing care in those care homes that are registered to provide nursing. Every care home includes a Reminiscence neighbourhood, dedicated to the needs of residents living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.