Fibre specialist seeking an Account Manager to maximise sales the Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe
Your new company
A specialist engineering business born from a foundation of professional research, excellence and expertise. For three decades they have been proud that they're still a byword for quality, innovation and unrivalled technical support.
They're specialty optical fibers can already be found in many applications in multiple diverse sectors. As technology advances they're continually discovering sectors that require speciality optical fibers, many of which are required for some of the world's most demanding and harsh environments.
Since 2003 they have increased their manufacturing capabilities ten-fold and introduced 'World-Class Manufacturing' philosophies to what was traditionally viewed as a scaled-up laboratory process. Its focus is firmly on the future, the recent expansion of the development team and the introduction of new photonics engineers into their skill base enables them to continue their commitment to the future of the specialist fiber industry.
Your new role
The role is focused on managing and maximising sales through international distribution networks and some direct sales. The role will require regular contact with distribution partners and customers across Asia, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and possibly Eastern Europe to ensure they are focused on the sale of the companies products and are provided with rapid support. This role will require international travel and early or late working hours to adapt to the time zones of the distribution network and our customers.
For this role, you will be responsible for:-
* Managing the companies distribution network in China, Japan, South East Asia, South Korea, Taiwan and Israel.
* Tracking the projects and sales of the distributors to ensure they are constantly engaged in selling products.
* Identifying upselling opportunities for the distributors and customers.
* Providing commercial and technical support to distributors.
* Providing regular training to the distributors to help maximise their ability to sell products, this may include: product training, technical training and market overviews.
* Maintaining a training matrix of each distributor to ensure they are all fully trained in relevant products.
* Reporting sales performance in weekly, quarterly and annual sales meetings.
* Defining the goals of each distribution channel, including retention of accounts as well as acquisition of new accounts and helping set their annual targets.
* Ensure up-to-date distribution of relevant marketing material to each distributor, for example brochures, application notes, technical notes, presentations, price lists and memory sticks.
* Working with the Sales Support staff and the Marketing team to create bespoke documentation to address the challenges for each distribution channel.
* Developing support programmes for each distribution channel that meet the distributor's needs.
* Constructing and communicating well defined policies for accounts within each channel.
* Preventing conflict between distributors.
* Maintaining a document to track special pricing within each channel.
What you'll need to succeed
Qualified to degree level in a science-related subject; Masters’ or higher in relevant discipline advantageous. Ideally a minimum of 2 years’ proven experience in a technical sales role.
Strong technical and analytical ability.
First-rate interpersonal, telephone and presentational skills are essential as is the ability to add technical value to customer projects.
Customer focused approach and ability to build working relationships with customers.
Tenacity and resilience.
A team player with the ability to interact with colleagues from other functional areas.
Strong attention to detail and able to handle routine data entries accurately.
Computer literate in relevant software including Word, Excel, and Salesforce (training provided, if necessary).
Language skills and exposure to different cultures are beneficial to this role.
No travel restrictions to Europe, Middle East, Africa or Asia.
What you'll get in return
Chance to Travel
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.