Bond Williams Accounting and Finance are recruiting Share Schemes Specialist for one of the UK's Top 10 accountancy firms and the position can be based in Basingstoke, Crawley or Reading.
You will be part off the development and growth of a regional specialist share schemes team and is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to further their personal development and career prospects.
Work will include advising on and drafting share plans and bonus plans, including:
• Review articles of association and shareholders agreements and review employee share trusts (as required)
• Analyse and advise on the tax and national insurance treatment of implementing the plans (potentially including international tax aspects
• Assist with compliance and prepare share valuations for agreement with HMRC
• To independently design, advise and draft employee share plans or similar arrangements subject to Director / Partner review
• To value shares for the purposes of agreeing values with HMRC and to prepare reports for this purpose, subject to Director / Partner review
• To work in accordance with the Firm’s standard procedures and relevant statutory and extra statutory obligations, and to confirm arrangements with the client including likely costs and billing arrangements
• To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments and other offices, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly
• To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and to fulfil professional bodies’ CPD requirements
• To assist in recruiting, training and marketing activities as required
• Attend staff meetings and training as required
• Carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department
• To brief junior staff on assignment instructions, supervise and control the completion of work providing ‘on the job’ training and appraisal feedback where necessary
You will need to have previous experience advising on share schemes and client management, have strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills and ideally possess an accounting, tax or legal qualification. A network of contacts and track record of securing new business would be an advantage. Good working environment and competitive salary. If you are interested to discuss this exciting opportunity please contact us as soon as possible.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency