Production Senior Operative
£18,000 - £20,000
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
* To assist in the effective and efficient operation of product manufacture from raw material to finished goods.
* To comply with Health & Safety legislation and company Health & Safety policy and procedures:
* Ensure the safe operation of the production and storage areas
* Ensure the regular inspection of factory equipment, fixtures and fittings. Including the timely reporting of any issue.
* Ensure the safe activity of colleagues, visitors and contractors whilst on site
* To comply with Environmental legislation and company Environmental policy and procedures
* Ensure the correct operation of the waste disposal, including record completion and reporting of any incident.
* To comply with company Food Safety & Quality policy & procedures:
* To ensure the hygiene and housekeeping of the factory and internal stores
* To maintain product segregation (organic / conventional and allergens) and traceability
* To apply good manufacturing practice to complete all production work:
* General hygiene and cleanliness standards maintained and a policy of "clean as you go" promoted.
* Ensure all Production checks are completed, out of specification are raised to line manager.
* Assist in the Supervision of operatives in the production, packing and storage, complying with all company policies and standards.
* Ensure start up checks for H&S and Food safety are completed.
* Responsibility of factory security
* To liaise with internal and external contacts as required in a courteous and professional manner
* Any other duties requested by a Team Leader or Manager
Skills & Experience
* Previous experience in their profession
* Numeracy, literacy and communication skills
* Experience of team management
* Food safety Level 2
* HACCP Level 2
* Allergen Training
Please apply online and contact Jack @ PB recruitment