Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Havant, UK £30-50k + bonus
Due to team expansion and investment into new product development and technologies a position has been created for an embedded software engineer to join the R&D.
The company is involved with the design, development and manufacture of high-volume and high reliability electronic products for a broad range of international markets. Currently they need to add to their embedded software engineering capability.
The software engineer role will involve design, implementation and verification of embedded software. All software programming is done using embedded C. Much of the role will be focused towards the development of new products and the creation of a new common code base but there will be some legacy software improvements too.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced embedded software engineer with an appreciation of electronics (ideally low power analogue systems and sensors.) Training in formal software development methods and processes would be of great use.
Skills / Knowledge: Embedded Software Engineer
* Experienced embedded software engineer (at least 4-5 years of experience within industry) using C
* A background understanding OR experience with hardware design (analogue / digital circuit design)
* Structured / formal training in software development processes
Highly Desirable: Experience of…. (probably at least 1-2 of these)
* UML (or similar)
* Working within a SCRUM / Agile development environment
* Low-cost and high-volume product development
* Low power products (microAmps) – e.g. Battery powered / IoT devices etc
* Signal processing (use of filters, sampling of data)
* Bare metal programming
Nice to have: Experience of….
* V Model cycle
* Working with Sensors
* Highly regulated or safety critical systems
* Unit Testing of bare metal code
The software development team is keen to work towards developing a common code base and more structured development environment incorporating the use of the V Model, UML, and Agile / Scrum techniques.
The Embedded Software Engineer role is commutable from Southampton, Fareham, Petersfield, Chichester, Bognor Regis, Portsmouth, Havant and Eastleigh.