Outskirts of Basingstoke
£21,000 - £22,000
Our client is looking for an Assistant Manager to join their team. It is a position that requires someone who is a strong leader, personable, energetic and capable of managing and motivating the bar and front of house team to deliver excellent customer service and achieve impeccable standards in all aspects of the operation.
Your duties will include:
• Delivering excellent customer service, exceeding their expectations and achieve exceptional customer satisfaction results
• Assist the Pub Manager in effectively running the pub and to achieve all operational standards and commercial targets
• To be 'hands on', it is essential that your time is spent managing and supporting the team
• To maintain all company health and safety policies
• To manage and maintain exceptional standards of cleanliness around all areas of the pub
• Engagement with the local community to develop trade, improve the reputation of the pub and to ensure the pub is an essential pillar in the community
• Adherence to the clear company cash handling, storage and banking procedures
• To effectively deal with customer event and function enquiries
• Assist in managing functions and events
• To improve and maintain the highest possible standards of operation including, taking ownership of the running of the pub in the absence of the Pub Manager and Duty Manager, making daily operational decisions, managing staff and implementing new procedures where necessary
• Bringing fun and enjoyment to the service team whilst ensuring our service level remains professional with high standards of personal appearance and attitude
• Identifying new ways to improve the guest experience and, in conjunction with the Pub Manager, introducing these to the pub
• Dealing with any customer complaints (either written or verbal) in an assertive, pleasant and totally professional manner to ensure that the situation is resolved to the complete satisfaction of the customer
• To understand and follow company policy and procedures with all personnel matters
• Understanding, management and effective training of the company operating systems for electronic purchasing, payroll, bookings, table reservations, HR, recruitment, stock control and reporting
What we are looking for
• Totally customer focused. We must always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
• Honest, dedicated and hard working
• Proficient in IT with an understanding of spread sheets, word processing and social media
• Experience of working within functions would be preferable but not essential.
• Full training given.
• Competitive salary
• Increased annual leave through length of service
• Guaranteed Christmas day off
• 4% Pension contribution
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy