C# Developer – circa £45k depending on experience
Are you an experienced C# Developer looking to move into a role with a forward-thinking company?
Do you have Strong C# capabilities with experience using the .NET Framework?
Brook Street is delighted to present the opportunity to work for an innovative software and technology company specialising in payment solutions. Having operated for over 30 years my client, based in the Southampton area, provide a wide range of front and back office software solutions to their clients. As a result of both continued expansion and the continued development of their client base, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a C# Developer to join their team.
About the job:
The C# Developer will have opportunities to work on different technologies and to expand skills and knowledge. Experience in the convenience, point of sale or retail back office or head office environments is a benefit. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing software company with strong ambitions and to bring your own skills and ideas to the team.
Key responsibilities include:
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
* Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
* Help maintain code quality, structure, and automatization
* Participate in team meetings and discussions
Who’s right for the job?
Our client is looking for an experienced, creative and driven C# Developer to bring their knowledge and experience to help them maintain and develop internally developed retail solutions. They are looking for eager, self-motivated individuals who thrive on learning and problem solving, who are up for a challenge and want to make a difference.
As a minimum, to be successful in this role you will:
* Strong analytical skills and a logical approach to problem solving
* Strong C# capabilities with experience using the .NET Framework
* Working knowledge of design patterns and Object Orientated Design
* Goods knowledge of relational database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server
* Strong communication and team working skills
* Use of source control technologies, such as GIT
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, and be autonomous and proactive in solving problems
* An Interest in programming best practices
Ideally you will possess the following technical skills:
* Experience developing RESTful WebAPIs
* Commercial experience working with high-transactional SQL environments
* Understands the Agile software development lifecycle and working knowledge of SCRUM
* Full development life cycle experience
* Experience in large, complex system implementation projects
* Knowledge of performing test driven development
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive salary circa £45k per annum, depending on experience.
You spend most of your week at work so your well-being and work-life balance is a priority to our client. They are committed to your development; your expertise is their knowledge. They are also committed to caring for you; their canteen has free coffee, vending machines, beanbags and if you are working late, they’ll treat you to free pizza. Table tennis, a pool table and relaxed break-out area along with eye care vouchers, free flu vaccinations, on-site parking, shower and free coffee machines are all part of life working for our client. They’ve even got electric car charging stations for all their staff to use should you drive an electric or hybrid vehicle. They also offer their staff flexible start and finish times as your well-being and work-life balance is key. With a casual dress code, a range of sandwich vans, as well as the weekly curry van, our client’s employee’s love working there and we feel you will too.
In addition to the above you will receive opportunities for personal and professional development, employee assistance and insurance, company pension scheme with a free annual review, bonus incentives, and community social events!
Let’s get started!
For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street on (phone number removed) or send your CV to Ben.Grice(at)(url removed).