The Estimator is an integral member of the team responsible for assisting with tenders & quotations for interior fit-out projects in Travel Retail, High Street Retail, Leisure, F&B and Commercial sectors of varying size and complexity. Responsible for dealing with tenders from receipt of enquiry, sending out enquiries to subcontractors, finalizing tenders to submission under the direction of the Estimating Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
Self-motivated, pro-active and keen to develop their role within the business.
Ability to interpret drawings from concept designs through to full working construction drawings.
Ability to produce take-offs from drawings and prepare bill of quantities.
Capable of working to strict deadlines.
Completing tenders in a timely and professional manner.
Good cost awareness.
Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills, with a sound ability to prioritise.
Experience in reviewing quotations to ensure fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
Ability to understand and highlight main points in contracts from clients to protect the company.
Capable of being first point of contact to answer questions or queries from client, subcontractors or suppliers.
Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements.
Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team.
Maintain regular, consistent and professional relationships at all times with the client(s).
Assist the PM in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
General (shared tasks)
Answering the office phone in a friendly and professional manner and directing calls as required.
Receiving / signing for deliveries.
Greeting and looking after clients / visitors.
Typing up letters and updating documents and computer systems as required.
Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
Qualifications / Experience
* Experience in the construction industry (preferably Shopfitting and Interior fit-out).
* Experience of AutoCAD (preferred but not essential).
* Familiarity with construction methods and the building codes.
* Sound knowledge and use of Microsoft Office particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
* Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
* Proven ability to work under pressure.
* Prepared to take initiative to resolve problems creatively and responsibly.
* Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
* Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
* Valid UK Driving licence.
You may be required to attend various training courses to for fulfill your role and continue with your personal and the company’s development.
The basic job role will be office based. You may be required to work extended hours from time to time to fulfill your role. However, this will be kept to a minimum and will be reviewed as required. You will need to attend certain site visits and meetings to assist with your role.
From time to time you will be required to assist with the loading and unloading of deliveries.
Package / Benefits
* Salary – £20,000 - £25,000 per year
* Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5:30pm (overtime may be required to fulfill your role)
* Company Pension
* Free onsite parking
* Holiday – 22 days per year increasing to 25 days (Based on length of service)
To be confirmed as the company progresses and additional staff / roles are required.