The Workshop Electrician will be responsible for providing electrical skills and expertise in a hands on role, carrying out electrical installation & testing of a range of chemical dosing equipment, working to a high level of detail and quality to ensure the company’s standards are maintained.
* To be accountable within a team structure for provision of suitable, safe and cost effective electrical installations and to promote a high level of productivity.
* Carry out electrical testing & quality checks of wired components in line with current statutory standards, best practice, test procedures, reports & work instructions.
* Always work in a safe manner and within the company’s Health & Safety procedures & policies.
* Attain competence in a full range of workshop and job specific skills.
* Work efficiently and endeavour to complete all tasks within the allocated times.
* Work as part of a team and maintain a positive working attitude. Provide guidance to other staff.
* Ensure full compliance with the company’s quality, health & safety & environmental management systems.
* Always wear appropriate PPE for all tasks.
* Work to and have input to task specific work instructions, method statements & risk assessments.
* Complete all documentation accurately and on time.
* Ensure good housekeeping is maintained at all times.
* To help identify and undertake suitable training as and when required by WES.
* Bring to the attention of your line manager any issues or concerns relating to instructions, health & safety matters or potential programme delays.
* Assist in identifying & procuring electrical items required for unit builds.
* Carry out electrical workshop maintenance & PAT testing and complete necessary certification.