Job Title: Chief Engineer
Environmental Test Services
Working as part of a team of environmental specialists, the successful applicant will contribute to the provision of a comprehensive environmental testing service to a wide range of industry sectors. The successful candidate will contribute to and often initiate efficiency improvements, many of which will include the management, manipulation and presentation of electronic test data for reports.
The opportunity offers a competitive salary package and a modern working environment with a subsidised on-site Restaurant and Gym and support in finding local accommodation if required. The site is close to bus routes, Junction 9 of the M27 and Swanwick railway station.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Deputise for the Supervisor; which will involve some supervision, welfare, training and operational day to day tasks.
* Provide technical support in the development of new services including equipment identification, selection and purchase.
* Provision of ad-hoc support to the Commercial function to develop technical solutions, attending client visits and conducting technical product/test reviews where required.
* Conducting Commercial and Technical Validations considering equipment capabilities and limits, including review of test fixture suitability.
* Accreditation support, new scope additions, hosting audits and clearing NCR responses.
* Provide testing backup support, conducting mechanical and climatic testing on a variety of equipment.
* Provision of technical support and guidance to other Environmental engineers.
* Once trained, vetting, signing and delivery of technical reports compiled by operational cells
* Support CI/LEAN activities and development projects as required.
* Prepared to work shifts, as needed.
* A Degree in Engineering, or an equivalent qualification level
* A team player with a positive “can-do” attitude
* Specialist knowledge in mechanical and or climatic engineering; preferably with experience of performing / supervising vibration, shock, temperature, humidity and altitude testing in a test house environment.
* Knowledge of fixture design and review.
* Evidence of good multitasking, problem solving and prioritisation skills.
* Excellent written skills
* Knowledge of test laboratory quality and operating procedures.
* Full driving licence
How to APPLY:-
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management.