HSE Advisor - South
Health & Safety
20 Jun 2019
We are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Advisor to join our team in the South covering South of the M40.
The working hours are Monday - Friday 8:00am - 17:00pm equating to 40 hours per week.
To provide Health & Safety support to operational sites within the UK and promote Well-Being. Assist allocated sites so they can assist in the discharging of HSE responsibilities and to provide compatible HSE activities & solutions in line with local requirements.
* Act as HSW representative to ensure that all operational elements of the Contractors business meet with high standards of HSW at all times.
* Promote and develop the contractors Global Culture of Zero Accidents philosophy and culture, by implementing Behavioural Based Systems at Site Level and promoting “Changing the Way we Work Concepts”.
* Provide allocated sites and contracts, support and guidance in interpreting statutory requirements and the implementation of the contractors IMS System
* Carryout Compliance Audits, Project Safety Inspections and accident investigations to ensure statutory and company compliance with IMS.
* Produce comprehensive accident investigation reports to contract management and the business which highlights root causes and effective control measures.
* Develop existing behavioural Safety Culture within the business and champion campaigns to improve HSW culture at allocated sites.
* Advise contract management on all Health and Safety Legal requirements that effect the business operation.
* Promote a culture of full compliance and continual improvement for all HSW requirements, ensuring compliance with legislation and company HSE policies is maintained and practised at all times.
* Implement corporate HSEW&Q requirements, initiatives & objectives to all associated operational activities.
* Assist with the development, maintenance & execution of compatible training programs in line with the business requirements.
* Managing and tracking corporate sustainability goals and metrics for the business.
* Working with teams to evaluate decisions based on financial and sustainability goals.
* Co-ordinate and deliver Health & Safety training throughout the allocated portfolio, working in close liaison with our safe working procedures documentation, the demands of our working environments, clients own HSE policies and with guidance and direction from the contractors Operational HSW Management team.
* Carry out planned and spot audits/project safety inspections of contractors sites and operations within the portfolio, to monitor, correct and maintain high levels of HSW awareness and compliance.
* Development of site-specific procedures and documentation to control work and manage risk of all operational activities.
* Support operational managers to meet their Key Performance Indicators outlined within the site specific H&S Plans/CPP.
* To assist with achieving the service provision of the Compliance Business Charter.
* Maintain and promote compliance to all H&S legislation, contractors policy and professional associations codes of practise.
* Maintain a high profile at all contract site locations.
* Previous experience within a Health & Safety role specifically Project/Construction experience.
* Good understanding of CDM2015 and Temporary Works
* NEBOSH Certificate
* Professional Membership to IOSH
* Auditor trained
* Knowledge of ISO systems and their implementation
* Good IT skills
* Good interpersonal and customer relationship skills
* Good presentation skills
* Clean, full driving licence
* The position requires some UK wide travel