Our client, a Freight and Signs business based in Farnborough Hampshire, are looking for a Sales Manager to spearhead the growth of their UK business. You will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for implementing and overseeing the company sales strategy.
As the Sales Manager you will be responsible for building a brand-new Sales team from scratch and then developing the team to promote and sell the company’s varied products and services. You will be a natural leader with a strong, flexible work ethic who is driven by leading a successful team and overachieving targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage, develop, coach and motivate the sales team to develop their skills to achieve monthly sales and KPI targets
* Provide on-the-ground support for the sales team assisting them in generating leads and closing deals
* Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them
* Through analysis of sales trends and results, formulate sales strategies to ensure sales targets are achieved.
* Implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans
* Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitor analysis
The ideal candidate will be
* Inspiring and natural leader
* Determination and drive to succeed
* High influencing skills
* Hands on Leader
* Strong communicator with excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
* Goal driven with a positive, can-do approach
* Resilient and tenacious
* Encourages a sense of team spirit across the business
* At least 2 years of Sales Management experience
* Able to demonstrate a track record of successful sales and people management
* Experience of Freight or Signs sales would be an advantage but not essential