Position: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
We are currently on the lookout for a strong Intermediate or Senior Mechanical Design Engineer in the Basingstoke area of Hampshire.
The client is a Building Services Consulting Engineering practise based in Basingstoke, and specialise in design services, expertise and advice in various sectors, such as transportation (rail), education, high end residential and health care.
The successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer would be able to provide effective designs, conduct surveys, prepare feasibility reports, specifications, provide site supervision and management of mechanical services installations, following health and safety, QA and environmental policies and procedures.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate proven experience in similar roles. Experience within the rail sector would be an advantage but this is not essential.
Supporting the Managing Director and Principal Engineer and working within an effective team to ensure that project briefs and requirements are met.
- Preparing AutoCAD drawings in accordance with company CAD standards and design calculations using industry leading software (i.e. Hevacomp).
- Assist in preparing reports such as feasibility studies, design reports, specifications and contract administration following Quality Assurance and Health and Safety procedures and company administration policies.
- You will need to maintain an up to date knowledge of current standards and legislation.
- Attending site surveys and client meetings.
- You will need to implement technical standards and support the business development. Compliance with CDM Regulations must be ensured.
Requirements of the role include:
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD packages such as AutoCAD and Revit MEP or Bentley AECOsim.
- Experience of IES modelling software would be advantageous (but not essential).
- Understanding of BIM Level 2 and BIM project deliverables structure.
- 3+/ 6+ years’ experience (Intermediate/Senior).
- Minimum HND/HNC (Mechanical bias) – ideally Degree qualified (relevant).
- Ability to undertake mechanical designs from inception to completion, sometimes within tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ideally being able to mentor and assist the graduate engineers.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare specifications/schedules (Using NES).
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- CEng qualified or working towards CEng.
- Appropriate membership of professional body, i.e. CIBSE, IMECHE, IET
- Full UK driving license.
We Can Offer You
* Competitive salary with benefits
* Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
* Active support in career development and professional accreditation
* Opportunity to lead electrical discipline on projects and overall project leadership if desired
* Opportunities for career progression
& most notably:
* Collaborative, friendly and dynamic team working environment
If you're interested please contact Andrew Wilson at Calibre Search on (phone number removed) or send an email
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.