Project Construction Leader x3
Based: Filton, Stevenage & Portsmouth
6 months contract
The Project Construction Leader will be responsible for setting up and leading CAPEX projects from inception and feasibility, through to design and specification and final handover.
Set-up and manage Multi-Functional Project Teams to deliver projects in accordance with internal requirements and compliance to company procedures.
• Carrying out the detailed design of Building Services design for a range of projects including major plant replacement and refurbishment works.
• Have an awareness of the associated maintenance and operation of engineering services and of undertaking condition surveys, service delivery audits and preparing plant replacement/life cycle plans would be a distinct advantage.
• Application of industry standard design and calculation software
• Liaising with clients, architects and other design team members.
• Preparation of reports, drawings and specifications
• Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships.
• Project management of suitable projects, excellent communication skills
• Monitoring/ Audit/ Validate progress of Professional Service Work Packages, and works on site and observance of technical compliance and H&S matters
Skills & Attributes
• Ability to lead, motivate and manage a MULTI FUNCTIONAL PROJCET TEAM (MFT); including external PROFESSIONAL staff, i.e. contract managers, client CDM, QS etc.
• Previous experience ideally within FM as in a senior PM role
• Experience in Capital Investment Project management, and project delivery is required.
• ONC / HNC or equivalent in a Building Engineering Services design-related discipline
• Previous experience of Building Engineering Services Refurbishment in existing buildings with particular emphasis on delivering small to medium sized projects
• Demonstrable experience of taking projects from inception and feasibility, through design and specification to site monitoring and handover.
• Ability to develop client brief into construction requirements, including scopes for External Professionals, i.e. architect, structural engineer, systems designers
• A good practical understanding of mechanical and electrical plant, systems and equipment In relation to engineering design, operation and maintenance across a wide range of sectors and building types
• Previous experience working within a consultancy environment.
• Hold relevant level of professional membership i.e. CIBSE, IMechE, IET
• Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
• Responsible for assuring safety, security and ethical compliance i.a.w. company requirements
For more information please contact John Paul at Protec Technical Ltd.