JOB TITLE: QA Technician, Engineering.
PRODUCTS: Fibre Optic Connectors, Adapters, Passive Components and Tools
MARKET SECTOR: OEM's, Termination Houses, Distributors and End-Users
LOCATION: Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK.
PACKAGE: TBC, A Contributory Pension after 6 months + 22 days Holiday per year + Life Insurance + Gym support after 6 months + 6-monthly bonus (not guaranteed).
COMPANY INFORMATION Senko Advanced Components (Euro) Ltd is a leading, global manufacturer of high reliability Fibre Optic Connectors, Adapters and Passive Optical Components with Cable Assembly manufacturing capabilities; We operate in many key sectors such as Telecommunications and Data Communication. Our range of connectors meets the highest telecommunications technical specifications and is considered some of the best in the industry.
Department: Engineering & QA Department
Function: Your prime responsibility will be to assist and support the QA activity and process the Quality complaints received from customers. Communicate with vendors, and within departments within the organization including customers and sales.
Reports to: Engineering Manager.
Supervises: Non supervisory position.
Responsibilities and Authority: Sales
* Processing CCCR, RCAR, and SCAR (8D report) for customers and vendors.
* ISO-9001 management system/documentation. (Training will be provided)
* Fault analysis for the fibre optics components such as connectors, adapter and passive components.
* Maintenance of electro-mechanical polishing machines if required.
* Preparing the fiber optics assemblies samples for sales if needed.
* Testing the fibre optics assemblies in the lab as per the requirement.
* Incoming inspection of the fibre optics passive components if required.
* Liaison with Remote offices.
As determined during further discussions with management.
YOU MUST HAVE/BE THE FOLLOWING:
* Minimum 2 years’ experience within QA or Engineering.
* High level English language skills
* Excellent customer care skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Good administrative skills
* An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
* An ability to work independently and as a team
* Experienced with MS Office software
* Willing to learn
IDEALLY YOU WILL HAVE/BE THE FOLLOWING:
* Engineering qualification or trade skills.
* Additional language skills.
* Experience working in an international sales environment. - Located within the Reading, Basingstoke or Newbury areas.
As a member of the QA and Engineering team you will be given the full backing and support of a good stable company. We will provide full product training to enhance your existing skill base and accelerate your development through the business.