We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Assembly Engineer to join our client’s technology driven manufacturing solutions company based in Basingstoke.
As a Mechanical Assembly Engineer, you will safely assemble and test all mechanical sub-assemblies and products relating to a wide range of products. Product examples, satellite tracking antennas, high temperature ovens, vacuum chambers, ground support equipment and build to print services. In addition, all aspects of operating in a build and test environment are required i.e. inventory control, parts management, product quality. Therefore, use of engineering tools, reading and understanding engineering drawings and basic gearbox principles are required. A basic knowledge of RF is advantageous.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will work as part of the mechanical engineering team, on time and quality product to be integrated into their systems. As Mechanical Assembly Engineer your duties will include you to: Provide a safe and quality product using high working standards and components, following correct assembly drawings and test specifications
• Correct product assembly for a broad product range
• Product identification and handling i.e. part/serial number
• Recommendations of process, product or BOM changes, ensuring continuous improvement and ability to undertake improvement projects as directed by Engineering or Production Managers
As a Mechanical Assembly Engineer you must be / have: ONC/ HNC/HND or equivalent in a relevant mechanical discipline or apprenticeship trained
• Relevant mechanical engineering experience gained from time served in applicable industry.
• Good mechanical skill set and fitting experience.
• Ability to work at heights and utilise lifting equipment. Forklift truck license is advantageous.
• Excellent communication skills and good attention to detail.
• An interest in mechanical engineering and machinery.
• Proactive and flexible working attitude, punctual and reliable with an ability to work alone, self-motivated by timescales generated by project needs
• Basic electrical testing is advantageous
As Mechanical Assembly Engineer you will receive a salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Mechanical Assembly Engineer, Manufacturer, Operative, Maintainance