We have an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team of embedded software engineers at our Head office in Andover. As an Embedded Software Engineer you will design, write, test, and deliver embedded software solutions for passenger transportation within the stairlift industry. This is a hands on role which involves software design for electromechanical devices and machines.
You will be highly embedded in C, or C++ as your primary language, and this will be demonstrated with substantial industrial experience.
Additionally, we ensure high integrity with coding standards, unit testing, continuous integration, and require you to have worked in an environment where process or standards have required a high level diligence. Some experience in Python, C#, or assembler would also be beneficial but not limiting.
You will be required to work with all engineering personnel, and liaise with our marketing and production departments, therefore we would expect you to be an effective communicator.
You be able to demonstrate experience in:
* Embedded systems and development of software for microcontrollers.
* Knowledge of electric motors and motor control systems.
* Ability to capture requirements and develop system/software architectures.
* Strong delivery skills: a huge drive to get something completed and shipped.
* Experience of sensors and digital signal processing of sensor data.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees lifestyles
* 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
* Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
* Quarterly Bonus
* Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Free onsite parking
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Early finish Fridays.
* Latest technology and state of the art facilities.
* On-site subsidised canteen.
* Commutable; Easy access from London, South Coast & South West.
* Social club offering lots of trips throughout the year.