Our leading IT client based in Basingstoke are looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their team in Basingstoke. This role forms a key part of the finance team, and will give you great exposure including Month and Year End, balance sheet reviews amd reporting to external stakeholders.
Based in Basingstoke, our client is a leading IT business who are going through a period of significant growth. With plans to expand both the team and company over the next few years, this Assistant Financial Accountant role is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive business.
Assistant Financial Accountant Responsibilities:
* Prepare monthly financial account analysis packs for review
* Assist with monthly balance sheet reviews and intercompany reconciliation meetings
* Prepare and review monthly payroll reconciliations for UK entities
* Assist in coordinating the Interim Year End Audits
* Prepare investment impairment reviews for review by Group and Audit team
* Prepare year end statutory accounts including disclosure notes and packs for audit and filing by end of May each year
* Prepare Corporation Tax packs
* Prepare statistics for reporting to external stakeholders
* Facilitate team wide projects and initiatives
Experience, skills and qualifications
* Previous experience working within Finance
* Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Must have a good all round skill-set using Microsoft Excel, with the aptitude to be able to handle large data sets and use advanced formulas.
* Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* SAP experience.
* Would suit someone with strong analytical and numeric reasoning, who enjoys problem solving and is prepared to take a proactive approach to finding solutions.
* Studying ACCA/CIMA
The business offers a fantastic working environment and an excellent benefits package which includes 26 days holiday (including bank holidays) and Private Healthcare. This is a superb opportunity for the right candidate to become part of this exciting business