£40,000 neg plus package
Our client is a market leader within the Audio Visual Events industry. They do everything from equipment hire, to installation of equipment to organising and creation of an entire event. They work in strong partnerships with all types of companies all over the world with offices in places such as Las Vegas, Singapore, Dubai, Madrid and London.
Typical projects that this client is associated with are Formula 1 Grand Prix, The Olympics, The Wimbledon Championships, The West End, Broadway, and World Concert Tours. They are now looking for an Operations Manager to join their team as they are only getting bigger.
As an Operations Manager you be responsible for managing the operational output of the Vision and Networks warehouse based in Crawley. You will be proactively managing the warehouse manager and prep manager including regular catch ups, conducting appraisals, coaching, developing, providing feedback, enforcing systems, policies, procedures and productivity standards.
You will also need to work on proactively improving personal and team technical knowledge by speaking with other managers in different departments to understand the company inventory as well as attend educational workshops where appropriate.
You will also take on standard managerial duties such as managing holidays, sickness, breaks, ensuring team moral is up, performance management, KPI’s, team activities etc. Providing leadership, promoting a good working environment and proactively building strong lasting relationships with key departments, particularly Project Management, is essential for successful delivery of the team goals.
The successful candidate will need the following:
- Experience of Quality Management systems (ISO 900)
- Minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above (including Maths and English), or equivalent
- A-levels or equivalent qualification desirable but not essential
- Effective leadership and the ability to motivate others
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads and delegate accordingly
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Desire to work as part of a team to generate fresh and innovative ideas
- Strong and confident communicator with positive interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work logically and systematically
- Pro-active and self-motivated; ability to use initiative and escalate issues when appropriate
- General computer literacy; good working knowledge of Microsoft Office skills, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, including the ability to use formulas
If you think you are the right fit for this position and would like to hear more, please get in touch today with Seriena-Levi