Senior Moulding Technician
Based in Bedfordshire
Job ref: JH/46801
Shift: Rotating Double Days 6-2 and 2-10 (6 days on 3 off)
The Senior Mould Technician will be responsible for production, encompassing health and safety, housekeeping and supervision of team members, to ensure the manufacture of quality acceptable components using a ‘hands on’ approach. The role will involve monitoring and influencing the overall performance of team members, equipment and process.
* Lead and manage the moulding team in all aspects of production. You will be the first point of contact for moulding team members i.e. sickness/lateness, etc.
* Assist with improving OEE and drive down scrap
* Monitor machines periodically to check output and scrap targets are being achieved
* Ensure finished products/orders are completely back flushed
* Order materials in advance for future orders
* Ensure daily figures are complete and correct
* Liaise with relevant departments to achieve production
* Proactive & reactive initiation of action to resolve quality concerns/complaints
* Train other team members on work instructions
* Ensure tool changes are completely in a timely manner
* Ensure colour changes are completed in a timely manner
* Provide a high level of troubleshooting skills
* Responsible for weekly machine, mould and cell cleaning and safety checks
* Any other reasonable task, as requested by a manager or supervisor
Person Specification, Competencies & Attitudes:
* Related processing (injection moulding) qualifications
* Recognised Processing Apprenticeship
* HNC or higher education engineering qualification
* Hands on experience of injection moulding
* 5 years+ experience defining/fault finding injection moulding processes
* Detailed understanding of injection moulding machines, moulds, robots and ancillary equipment
* Structured analytical approach to problem solving
* Computer Literate
* Knowledge of industrial health and safety requirements
* Robot programming experience
* Self-starting proactive approach to issues/actions
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to priorities workload
* Previous supervision experience
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Göteborg, Istanbul, Lyon, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)
Exhibiting at: Plastteknik, Med-Tech, Chemspec Europe, Kunststoffen, PPMA, K, Interpack, Compounding World, Interplas