Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Acquisitions and Disposals team to bring sites forward to disposal. This entails organising site closure board meetings, working with customers and wider DIO. The successful applicant must have the ability to influence both DIO and wider groups, putting in place utility strategies to service the retained estate, leading utility disconnection works, arranging closure works, updating internal asset management systems and completing finance returns. There will also be a requirement to submit business cases to ensure all required works are approved and funded within the overarching programme plan. The applicant will have regular progress meetings with the line manager.
• Support estate (and as appropriate accommodation) planning, optimisation and rationalisation activity on the Defence estate
• Working closely with Defence/military customers and other stakeholders both within and beyond MOD, including Local Authorities.
• Providing advice to customers on property management issues that need to be taken into account in weighing up options.
• Providing input to infrastructure change programmes.
• Identifying potential estate opportunities that may arise from changing defence requirements.
• Providing advice on the advantages and disadvantages of, and costs and savings associated with, various potential courses of action
• Supporting wider MoD estate/accommodation policy and strategy initiatives.
• A full driving licence is essential to undertake the requirements of the role
About our Team
The Estates Division brings together the Acquisitions and Disposal, Land Management Services (North and South), Projects, Safeguarding, Planning, Housing and Byelaws teams. It helps underpin MOD’s operational capability by delivering a comprehensive, strategic and uniquely varied estate surveying service in support of Military outputs, both in the UK and Overseas