Vacancy No 3733
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – COOLING – HAMPSHIRE
We are retained by a leading UK based manufacturer of Specialist Process Cooling and associated products who offer bespoke, built to order systems providing the flexibility to meet their customer’s requirements, no matter how individual they may be.
The Company has a clearly defined growth plan over the next few years which will offer many employees training and development opportunities. Due to continued growth our Clients are seeking a highly motivated Senior Technical Sales Engineer to join their team.
Our Client has a strong culture and live to their core values; Care, Integrity, Technical excellence and a Can-Do attitude.
Responsible for the planning, management, co-ordination and financial control of cooling projects
* Assist sales engineers pre-order to produce costings on installation projects
* Participate in review of new projects to finalise design, scope and commercial aspects of new orders.
* Attend project handover with the sales engineer and client to confirm scope and timeline requirements.
* Manage procurement for all equipment and subcontracts works related to all projects in your control.
* Produce or take responsibility for production of schematic and general arrangement/installation drawings and ensure good document control so that contractor is using current version
* Produce project plans for all projects and update as necessary
* Co-ordination of equipment parts & subcontractors to ensure required time frames are achieved
* Providing technical support to clients & engineers, co-ordinating projects
* Liaising closely with clients, providing detailed updates on projects
* Managing installations and commissioning of industrial cooling systems to ensure they are technically correct to an acceptable standard.
* Managing engineers/teams on site, ensuring contract agreements are met and health and safety standards are maintained.
* Identify resources and assign responsibilities
* Ensures project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored
* Works closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s)
* Financial control of project to meet or ideally improve on budget
* Assist in filtering design flaws throughout the project
* Any other duties deemed necessary
A proven track record of strong Project management skills with 10years+ experience
Mechanical pipework or HVC background
Ability to work under pressure and respond in a calm manner to a demanding environment
Good attention to detail ensuring all aspects of the role are maintained to a high standard.
Team player who can collaborate with all areas of the business to ensure customers satisfaction
Self motivated, engaging, able to build rapport with clients and facilitate internal and external customers to drive the project forward
Well versed with NEC3 style contracts and their communication processes.
Used to dealing with end user clients
Experience working for firms that design and build rather than just install
Experience on 1 inch to 20 inch pipework
Experience of managing electrical and or civil installations
May come from a compressed air systems installer / low pressure hot water installer / material handling conveying systems installer / cooling tower installer
‘Prince’ (or an other)
Microsoft Project or similar capability
AutoCAD experience (or an other)
Premium brand company vehicle
Company laptop and mobile phone.
The opportunity to work with a Company who is growing in the industry and can provide a long term career path.
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Health care, medical cash plan and travel insurance
Company pension above statutory minimum
Gym membership for office staff or a contribution for field employees
* Report to UK Sales Manager