We are recruiting a Home Manager for one of our care homes in New Malden.
The salary for our Home Manager is up to £55,000 per annum plus a performance related bonus scheme.
This home is rated Good by the CQC and has a very good reputation in the local community.
The role of the Home Manager is to manage all aspects of the Home’s daily operation, ensuring that the highest possible standard of care is provided in accordance with company policy and registration with the CQC, where residents are enabled to live with dignity and wellbeing. Residents and families are encouraged to contribute to the care planning process, and respect their choices, diversity and maintain their dignity at all times.
All staff are expected to ensure a harmonious happy environment in which Residents can feel secure.
The Home Manager takes responsibility of the Home environment including the site grounds.
The Home Manager is the Registered Person for CQC purposes and is therefore responsible for the total care and wellbeing of residents and for ensuring that the nursing requirements are met in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Company.
The Home Manager is responsible for maintaining and/or improving the CQC rating for the Home and will head the Management Team made up of the Deputy Manager, and working alongside them is the Administration Manager who will be responsible for all administration, human resources, communication and public relations issues that are of a non-nursing nature. In view of the wide diversification of duties, time management and the ability to prioritise are essential. Knowledge of IT is needed as the Home operates a computerised Care Management System, and has time and attendance recording and appraisal systems.
A staff development programme operates, and all trained staff are required to keep up-to-date in accordance with the NMC Registration.
In addition, the Home Manager will facilitate the on-going training, development and supervision of the healthcare team.
The post holder must hold the relevant qualifications, demonstrate clinical competency and show evidence of ongoing professional educational training. It is essential to have an empathy with the elderly and have well developed listening, verbal and written communication skills along with strong professional leadership. The post holder must be able to advocate on behalf of the resident, in the clients’ best interest to other healthcare professionals.
* To implement and ensure that the requirements of the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety are adhered to and that the Company’s policies and procedures comply with the latest legislation and that they are reviewed on a regular basis.
* To participate in Quality Assurance and Auditing of Care. To maintain and, after consultation with the Chief Operating Officer and Directors, if necessary, introduce quality assurance systems relevant to the Home.
* To actively promote the home and maintain full occupancy. To compile a waiting list of enquirers and follow up leads and to discuss marketing opportunities to further enhance the home’s occupancy.
* To agree budgets with the Regional Manager, Group Operations Director and Directors in relation to identified areas of spending and to ensure that spending is contained within these. To identify opportunities for improvement in services, systems and resources within the Home and the Company by the most cost-effective means.
* To plan and organise an Annual Training Matrix that covers a wide range of training needs for all staff within the home and that training is carried out effectively and to a timescale.
* To participate in all relevant staff meetings and committees, and organise regular trained staff review of care meetings.
* To interview nursing and healthcare staff, oversee their Induction Programme and conduct their probationary period review and make recommendations to the Chief Operating Officer.
* To provide out-of-hours management support including, if required, occasional night time visits to the Home, and carry out any other duties as requested by the Chief Operating Officer to cover any eventualities that may arise in the running of the Home.
* To ensure that the Regional Manager is fully informed of major incidents and all other information requested, and ensure that the Complaints Procedure is correctly implemented, advising the Regional Manager/Group Operations Director, where required, of complaints and actions taken to resolve them.
* To co-ordinate the admission of residents via pre-admission assessment, and compile a costed plan of care specific to the residents’ needs and issues with desired outcomes. To seek agreement of client and/or relative, and ensure the plan is communicated to and implemented by staff.
* To liaise with client representatives re advocacy, DoLs and Mental Capacity, and co-ordinate discussion involved with the client’s situation including health care providers, guardians etc.
* To audit care plan entries for accuracy, relevance and evidence of compliance, to ensure trained staff evaluate and review care plans at agreed time span, and ensure that changes are communicated to staff and families.
* To ensure that the correct systems for ordering, recording and administering of medicines are implemented.
* To write, give and receive resident daily reports and provide written reports to the Regional Manager, Group Operations Director, Board of Directors and appropriate external organisations.
* To ensure that the relevant nursing risk assessments are implemented, evaluated and reviewed on a regular basis.
* To provide a pathway of communication to residents/families and Regional Manager on changes in condition, and ensure that regular reviews on all residents takes place irrespective of funding arrangements.
* To ensure that all trained and healthcare staff remain up-to-date with clinical practices, and by way of supervision relevant training on a regular basis.
* To ensure the Philosophy of the Home is adhered to. To oversee the standard of holistic care delivered to the residents is understood by the staff and is actively promoted by all.
* To ensure that the recreational therapies provided are in accordance with guidelines, that all residents benefit from social time and that the activities provided are interesting, stimulating and appropriate.
* To ensure that the image and reputation of the Home is safeguarded at all times.
REGISTERED NURSE / RN / CARE HOME MANAGER / CLINICAL MANAGER / CLINICAL MANAGEMENT / WARD MANAGEMENT / CQC / BUSINESS MANAGER/ HEALTHCARE MANAGER
Yellow Hat UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.