Instrumentation Project Manager
8am to 5.30pm Mon to Thurs
8am to 1pm Friday
Up to £45,000 based on experience
Our client has more than 70 years’ experience in designing and producing Special Purpose Machines. They are a family run engineering company that are rapidly growing. They enjoy the challenge of satisfying the demands of the customer by designing, building and commissioning Special Purpose Machines to meet their needs.
The candidate will be responsible for the management, planning and technical delivery of instrumentation projects to coincide with customer requirements and quoted price. The candidate will be required to communicate with customers, internal departments and contractors to deliver contracts according to plan.
* Technical Management of specific engineering projects
* Obtain quotes for any identified bought-out or sub-contract requirement and liaise with the Production Engineer or Production Manager for a manufacturing estimate.
* Ensure that customer order matches quote and that parts and Sales order are correctly created.
* Communicate plan requirements to the Production Engineer, Project Manager, Buyer and Inspection Department (as required) including manufacture-by and despatch dates; details of purchasing (with deadlines); additional inspection requirement.
* Alert Finance and Line Manager to potential cost and/or delivery problems and agree mitigation plans.
* Provide job cost review information as requested by Management and ensure all costs are correctly booked to jobs in a timely manner.
Experience / Skills
* Ideally come from an engineering background
* Experienced in project management
* Strong analytical and planning skills