The Solent LEP is seeking to appoint an Executive Support Officer on a full-time basis to provide a full administrative, executive support and corporate governance service to the LEP Board of Directors, company membership and SGF, which will enable its proceedings to be conducted effectively and in accordance with the provisions of its Articles of Association, company law and the LEP Assurance Framework.
The Executive Support Officer role is wide ranging and the post holder will become a key member of the wider executive support structure to the LEP, providing high level administrative support across all areas of the organisation, including LEP Delivery Panels and wider associate company membership.
The Solent LEP Executive Support Officer will report to the Solent LEP Head of Policy, Communications & Partner Engagement and work closely with the LEPs legal teams, Chief Executive and wider Executive team to administer an exemplary corporate governance service to the LEP.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Coordinating legal returns on behalf of the LEP
• Maintaining the Companies Register of Interests for all staff, Directors, SGF and Panel Members
• Maintaining the Companies register of events, hospitality and gifts for all staff, Directors, SGF and Panel Members
• Ensuring Board and SGF meetings are quorate
• Attending Board, SGF and Panel meetings and producing meeting notes
• Ensuring agreed actions are followed up by relevant colleagues to agreed timescales
• Supporting the LEPs Annual General Meeting and ensuring all statutory functions / requirements are adhered to
• Facilitation of elections to the LEP Board of Directors in accordance with the Articles of Association
• Maintaining up to date contact records for all LEP Board, SGF and Company Members
• Maintaining copies of Articles and Terms of Reference for LEP Board and SGF
• Contributing to the induction of new Board and SGF Members & Assist in the recruitment processes for new LEP Board and SGF Members
• Acting as first-point-of-contact for Company Members in relation to membership matters, maintain the Companies subscriptions for membership book and, where necessary, facilitate changes in Company Membership
• General administration work
• Provide secretarial support for Solent LEP Panels & Committees to include arranging meetings, booking meeting rooms & refreshments, minute taking and circulating meeting papers
• Any other tasks as required by the Solent LEP Head of Policy, Communications & Partner Engagement and PA and Office Manager
You will need to demonstrate a flexible approach to working, both in terms of the range and level of duties to be undertaken, and also to working hours ,which will at times require attendance at early morning and evening meetings outside of regular office hours.
The role is based on 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. As part of the role, there will be a requirement to attend LEP Board, SGF and Company Meetings (circa 10 meetings per annum) which are likely to take place outside of the core hours (either as breakfast or evening meetings). Time off in lieu will be offered for any hours worked outside of core time.
In return, you will receive an annual salary of £24,799-£28,785 dependent on your experience.
The closing date for this role is 16th August 2019 with interviews due to take place 4th September 2019.
If this is the role for you, apply now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
JOB TITLE: Executive Support Officer
SALARY & BENEFITS: £24,799-£28,785
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week