An opportunity has arisen to join an international aerospace and defence company as a Document Controller in Portsmouth.
The successful candidate will be on an initial 6 month contract that is likely to be extended.
The Document Controller will be responsible for processing and releasing the payload documentation in line with company processes. The Document Controller will also be required to ensure consistency of the document and will follow the document life cycle to ensure it is released on time and on quality.
Responsibilities will include:
· Managing payload and equipment documentation life cycle.
· Managing document security classification in line with company regulations.
· Managing RFD/RFW life cycle.
· Managing change requests and change notes.
· Acting as the focal point for documentation control within Telecom PTH department.
· Managing external supplier datapacks to ensure they are correctly reviewed on time
for major project reviews.
· Internal Data pack creation, configuration and release.
· Document change management.
Required skills and experience:
· Strong experience in Technical Documentation Control.
· Experience in Document change control.
· Excellent IT skills, with experience of PLM tool and sharepoint. Experience in
Windchill will be an advantage.
· Basic understanding of export control and security classification.
· The ability to meet deadlines under stressful environment.
· Able to manage high number of documents.
· Able to face challenging deadlines and demanding customers.
· Good organisation skills are mandatory
· S/C clearance would be an advantage.
· £18 an hour.
· On-site parking.
If you are interested in working for this amazing company, please apply online or contact Liam Hancock at Acorn, Newport.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.