An exciting and new opportunity has arisen for a motivational Engineering Production Manager / Manufacturing manager to manage, motivate and inspire a small production team and drive lean manufacturing processes forward for efficient production with our market leading manufacturing engineering client based in Andover. This interesting production management opportunity would suit an experienced production engineering manager professional with good hands on shop floor experience, excellent leadership skills and a passion for lean process, ideally from an electro-mechanical, mechanical general assembly industry. In return there is an excellent salary of circa £45k-£52k+ dependant on experience and excellent company benefits including a company bonus, share incentives and pension scheme amongst others and real career prospects within this well established, reputable prestigious employer, apply now!
The position is a brand new role due to expansion and growth in the company so a great opportunity for a new production manager to make their mark and develop their career within a growing leading UK manufacturer. This really is a rare and exciting opportunity.
It would suit an experienced Senior, Lead Manufacturing Engineer or Manufacturing Team Leader who is looking for their next stage in their management career. Ideally someone who is passionate about lean manufacturing processes and who can go on the company’s journey as they evolve from a small to medium volume manufacturer.
The ideal production engineering manager candidate will have the following skills and experiences;
* Good motivational team leadership / management / supervisory experience and skills, you must be able ability to lead a small production team efficiently
* Good production management / manufacturing management / general assembly management experience within the small to medium assembly manufacturing /engineering industries, electro-mechanical industries ideally
* Good hands on / shop floor production management style and experience- this role is varied and you must be passionate about production, process and people
* ·HNC or similar qualified or time served engineer Apprenticeship trained or worked way up into production management from shop floor- hands on proven production management experience is more important than the qualifications
* Excellent planning, negotiating and organizing skills
* Process management experience and knowledge of Six Sigma, Root cause Analysis, Lean Manufacturing, 5Y/ 8D, FMEA/ FAIR/ MSA, Lean, continuous improvement, Kaizen, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, line balancing would be of distinct interest
Reporting into the Operations director and being at a management level, this senior production team leader role will have 4 direct reports and be responsible for and work closely with NPI, Design Assembly, Test, Manufacturing and production teams and Six Sigma.
This manufacturing management role would suit an enthusiastic and hands on management / supervisory professional who can demonstrate strong leadership skills and is able to guide, mentor and empower a small production engineering function in the design and development of automated manufacturing and test systems for new and existing products.
A full job description will be discussed and submitted to suitable Manufacturing Engineering managers upon application.
To apply please email your cv with salary expectations, availability and how you meet our client’s production manager criteria. Don’t miss out!