A specialist Hampshire based M&E contractor are looking to add an additional mechanical contracts manager to their existing team.
The company undertake all types of mechanical services projects on a predesigned, or design and build basis. Projects range from new plant rooms for Universities and Schools, Air conditioning systems to new offices, underfloor heating systems to sports pavilions & new chiller and AHU plant installations to multiple storey office buildings with values ranging from £25k - £4million.
Due to continued success and a high work load they are looking to strengthen their existing team and are looking for a Mechanical Contracts Manager to join the team. You will form a key part of the business, managing contracts efficiently to ensure that works are completed according to contract specifications and within agreed timescales and budget. You must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge and prior experience managing projects including, heating ventilation, air conditioning, hot & cold water services and all other mechanical ancillary requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* To maintain and develop relationships with existing and new clients, attending regular Contract Progress Meetings, and managing any RFIs.
* Labour Planning including employed, Agency Labour and sub-contractors.
* Sourcing and supply of relevant Plant Hire for jobs.
* Delivery of the contract, in liaison with the Foreman, ensuring costs and profit margin are maintained.
* Attend monthly HSQE site inspections, reporting, taking action and escalating any HSQE issues or concerns, and completing any new RAMs resulting from changes or additions to the specification.
* Produce fully substantiated/breakdown of variations, ensuring written instructions from clients are received.
* Produce a detailed programme of works in line with the main contracts and ensure projects meet the programmed dates.
* Produce Monthly financial Work in Progress reports and monthly valuations.
* Experience in management/supervisory position or equivalent site experience.
* Extensive knowledge of current regulations including Health & Safety and CDM.
* Familiar with risk assessment techniques and methods.
* Good level of business and commercial acumen, strong numeracy and literacy skills.
* Good level of IT skill to include, Microsoft word, Excel and Outlook.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative.
In return you will be offered a salary of up to £60,000 + package along with a fantastic working environment and future career progression.
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.