You will be a key member of the Basingstoke based core platforms team comprising of senior engineers who concentrate on the design, development and management of the core network and its associated and underlying technologies.
As an expert in Cisco Nexus and Juniper technologies you will be troubleshooting issues related to network infrastructure, hardware and applications. You will also be assisting with escalations as requested by the service desk, network engineers and management.
In addition, you will be planning and preparing design documents that clearly specify requirements to suppliers. Also, planning and liaising regarding network upgrades, with respect to network management platform and elements.
Qualifications - Desirable
* CCNP Service Provider
* CCNP Security
* ITIL Foundation
Experience - Essential
* Demonstrable experience with a proven track record working in a networking engineering environment in senior engineering role
* Carrier Grade Ethernet, IP, and any scripting languages used in an operations environment
* Working in an operations environment
* Wide area networks and network planning
Skills - Essential
* Good organisational, communication, presentational and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with technical/non-technical colleagues and customers
* Ability to adapt to new situations and develop new skills
* Self-motivated with the proven ability to multi-task whilst staying calm under pressure
* Adept at managing workload and working to deadlines
* Self-motivated and determined