Support night shift worker required – Basingstocke location
Part time & Bank (mainly nights and weekends)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you are able to empower people every day to develop their skills and move towards independence? Do you enjoy working in an environment where every day is different to the next? Then this could be the role for you. You will be working as part of a team to provide community support homeless indywiduals. You will love helping others and enjoy supporting individuals to achieve their goals and to become more independent. Your positive attitude towards your work and others will help to contribute to a great working environment. You will have a calm and personable manner and be able to handle potentially difficult situations
* You will help and support individuals by providing advice on housing, welfare benefits, rent deposits and household goods via a variety of schemes.
* You will help clients with the practicalities of moving to new accommodation such as contacting energy suppliers
* Help individuals develop practical skills further in areas such as budgeting, shopping, cooking housework, laundry, health and hygiene
* Carry out drop in surgeries at designated locations.
* Liaise with colleges, training agencies, employers to help people to gain access to education, find work or maintain their benefit entitlement
* Any other reasonable duties required in the interest of the organisation
* You will mediate and or negotiate with existing housing providers to ideally prevent homelessness
If you interested please send your CV to:
Or call to: (phone number removed)