Electronics Engineering Supervisor ABJ4434
South East £30k-35k
An electronics engineer with supervisory or managerial experience is urgently required to support electrical and electronic engineers hands on with projects involved in assembly and testing of the clients electronics interface for products. These automated products are used in laboratories worldwide to develop new chemicals, plastics and medicines. Their equipment consists of electronics for measuring and performing the experiments through integrated software. As a electronics supervisor you will work with project teams for the oversight and execution of the day-today activities of the Production Electronics Team. You will ensure that Electrical Project builds are completed on time and within budget and the quality of the goods and services provided leading to strengthening of the company’s relationships with customers.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant electrical standards, regulations and shipping declarations etc
* Provide on-going oversight and monitoring of electrical equipment builds and testing both in terms of quality and efficient working to meet schedule/delivery deadlines.
* Ensure all relevant processes and procedures are followed throughout the project and documentation has been completed in line with our quality and continuous improvement system.
* Ensure all products comply with all relevant electrical standards, regulations and shipping declarations etc. ▪ Hands on approach to assisting with electrical builds, integration and testing as required.
* Regular updates with line manager to highlight issues and recommend actions to resolve them. ▪ Work with the Production Manager to develop Standard Operating Procedures (“SOPs”) to help the Project Teams to carry out complex routine operations. The SOPs will aim to achieve efficiency, quality output and uniformity of performance.
* Work with Production Manager to develop a standard training programme for new Electronics Engineers
* Evaluate training needs of team and develop necessary training programme to ensure everyone reaches the necessary standards of work.
* Ensure Works Packages are created and maintained. Review Works packages of fellow colleague’s.
* Work with Purchasing & Stock Manager to ensure levels of key electrical stocks are maintained and of the necessary quality, to ensure on time delivery of materials for all projects.
* Resolve Electrical enquiries as required from suppliers, clients and internal requests in a timely manner. Deputise/cover for Electronics Engineers as and when required including client visits where required
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirements:
* Qualification in an Electrical engineering discipline
* Good understanding of company Electronic products
* Proven ability of effective Electronics Production
* Proven ability of effective written and verbal communication and listening skills
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) email and use of the Internet ▪ Decisive in pressurised situations, ensuring that deadlines are met
* Ability to act quickly to challenging situations, such as a mistake or delay on the project to ensure that everything gets resolved as quickly as possible
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, quoting reference ABJ4434, on (phone number removed), (phone number removed) or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to