Partnering Health Limited has an exciting opportunity for a Practice Nurse – Extended Access Primary Care Service to join the team based in Winchester. You will join us on a full time or part time, permanent basis and you will receive a highly competitive salary of £16.68 - £28.54, depending on shifts worked and skill set.
Partnering Health Limited is an established healthcare company dedicated to offering quality solutions and services to NHS and private healthcare partners. All of our staff work hard to deliver exceptional patient care.
About the Practice Nurse role:
You will be responsible for the provision of safe and effective primary care appointments in line with GP Improved Access hub criteria, with full access to patient medical records. Our team of clinicians will provide out of hours appointments which includes evening and weekend appointments to local patients referred by their own GP surgery, 111 and Integrated Urgent Care Service.
Key responsibilities of our Practice Nurse:
- Provide Treatment Room services and others, dependant upon Competency level
- Undertake opportunistic screening including BP, height, weight, BMI, urinalysis, smoking status and alcohol intake
- Offer education and motivation for patients to change unhealthy behaviour
- Recognise a patient’s readiness to change
- Develop and maintain health promotion material
- Be aware of recognising the need for safeguarding children and adults, raising concerns appropriately
- Arising directly from this caseload (record-keeping, other written communications with local GP surgeries as required) and ensuring all appropriate templates and coding is completed for QOF, LCS, DES
- Communicate with the Governance Lead and support the delivery of a high quality service and raise any governance issues that may arise
- Work with the Manager to ensure training, significant events, complaints, audits, surveys and other professional service development activities are achieved to ensure the smooth running of the service
What we’re looking for in our Practice Nurse:
- Registered with NMC / HCPC
- Experience working in a primary care
- At least three years post qualified
- At or working towards degree qualification / or equivalent experience
- You must be competent at providing treatment room tasks such as immunisations, wound care, chronic disease management
- You will be expected to ensure that mandatory education is kept updated as required by the policies of the organisation
- Good clinical skills and documentation skills using clinical IT systems
- Be able to clear an enhanced DBS check
- Must be authorised to work in the EEC
To continue your application for the role of Practice Nurse, please click ‘Apply’ now.