Technical Author - Southampton - £40k
Technical Author required to join a leading software company based near Southampton to join their dramatically expanding technical team due to winning cutting edge new projects. The team environment is relaxed and friendly with the opportunity to input your ideas and technical viewpoint on how to move the project forward. You will be responsible for the technical documentation (mainly instruction manuals) for biometric product applications.
You will be working with a relatively large development team on a new international project so there will never be a dull moment.
You will have the following experience:-
· Composing clear and coherent technical documents and instruction manuals
· Prepare and / or commission graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing documentation
· Collaborate with translators as necessary to convert writing into a variety of languages
· Create and adapt documentation to meet project schedules and deadlines
· You will be able to collect information from diverse sources and collaborate with people in technical fields
· Remain up to date with the latest documentation techniques and best practice
Useful experience / knowledge:-
· Microsoft Office 2016+ including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Understanding of the different stages within the software development lifecycle
· Understanding of single source publishing
· Ability to evaluate and analyse complex information
· Technical Authoring Software
If you have the relevant skills please send your CV to (url removed) or call (phone number removed).