Vetro Recruitment requires Support Workers AND Night Support Workers to join a Special Educational Needs Residential School in Hook- Hampshire. They provide support, both at home and school, for 28 children aged 8-19 who have Autism and the most severe and complex learning difficulties.
Due to the location of this job role, drivers would be ideal
Learning and Care Support Worker: The basic salary will be between £16,874 - £17,935 depending on experience with an additional £77.50 per sleep in. You will do between 4-6 sleep-ins per month. This will equate to a total salary between £21,000 - £23,515 a year.
Waking Night Support Worker: Hours: 3 shifts a week, 7:30pm - 7:45am. The successful candidate will be paid a salary between £16,874 - £17,935 (depending on experience and qualifications).
The client is happy for applicants who are willing to relocate for the role and are able to offer outstanding discounts on accommodation for this vacancy.
You will be working within a 180-strong team to provide care and support 52 weeks of the year to up to 30 students with complex learning disabilities. Due to the nature of the disabilities, the young people also have additional needs such as autism, epilepsy, self-injury, aggression and general disruptive behaviours.
Our client is seeking both day and night support for the students and strives to have an exceptional staff team to run alongside their 'outstanding' Ofsted status.
The client offers exceptional training for successful applicants. A background within a similar residential care job is advantageous, however not mandatory for committed and dedicated applicants as you will receive 4 weeks of shadowing and training and will not be left to work alone during this period whilst you learn about the role and the children's needs.
The school in Hook, does not have classrooms, as the client feels the children will not learn this way, instead they incorporate learning into activities. These can range from a walk through the country, visiting the farm, taking part in a swimming lesson at the on-site pool or you might be having an art or music lessons outside in the grounds!
- Your role as a Learning Support Assistant will be working as part of a team to ensure the children's emotional, behavioural, physical and intellectual needs are met
- Following the child's Risk Assessment and Behaviour Guidelines at all times to ensure a consistent and safe approach is followed.
- You will be supporting the children in all aspects of their everyday life to help them make their needs known
- Implementing all of the children's teaching programmes
- Supporting the teacher to ensure that the children enjoy fulfilling fun teaching and leisure activities.
- To be able to be flexible with your working rota. Day shifts are from 7.30am-10pm. Nights are (phone number removed)am
Many benefits are offered alongside working in this rewarding role:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free staff meals on each shift
- Personalised training programmes
- Generous company pension scheme
- Staff award schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff accommodation options
- Childcare vouchers
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.