Project Manager - Supplier Facing - Permanent - Hampshire - up to £45,000
Project Manager About the role:
* Manages subordinate teams overseeing subcontractors or critical subcontracted systems for all contract types and programs.
* Directs and manages all costs, quality, schedule, financial and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor or the product family and is required to ensure performance and support of the contract milestones of the system.
* Develops sourcing and subcontract program management strategic plans that address overall program capture needs and execution.
* Acts as the main focal point to the subcontractor and program management office.
* Responsible for and directs all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the business case for make or buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, cost accountability and program execution.
* Makes decisions affecting the performance of the subcontractor.
* Establishes milestone objectives and manages performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications.
* Leads team normally composed of engineers, quality and procurement personnel.
Required skills, qualifications and experience for Project Manager:
* Subcontract Program Management or Program/Project Management Experience
* Self-starter - works under only general direction.
* Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
* Problem solving - provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
* Liaison capability - Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
* Strategically aware - Contributes to the strategic direction and completion of specific programs and projects, through sourcing strategy and supplier positioning.
* Risk and Opportunity management experience
* Ability to manage and control scope using change control processes
* Subcontract management and negotiation experience with supplier performance analysis skill set
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task (position will include program execution and proposal support efforts) across multiple programs/platforms
* Experience of creating schedules and managing internal and external parties to the schedule
* Recognised Project Management qualifications
* Previous experience working with Procurement System (P2P)
* Excellent communication skill with the ability to plan, prepare and make presentations.
* Basic knowledge of Earned Value (EV) techniques
* Engineering lifecycle knowledge
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or willing to undergo. If you do not hold an active SC or willing to undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.