Electronics Design Engineer
£40-50k + bonus
Due to continued investment a new opportunity has been created within a successful and expanding manufacturing company near Portsmouth. They wish to add to their R&D team and expand the electronics design capability to support the ongoing design of new products (predominantly electronic sensor and detection systems.)
The electronics engineer role will be focused towards new product development researching and developing new solutions to meet market demands. This will involve analogue and digital electronics design, including microcontroller development and maybe some programming.
In this electronics design engineer role, you will get the chance to own and deliver your own product / projects within the team and will see designs from concept into manufacture. You will also be involved with researching new techniques.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced electronics design engineer with analogue and digital schematic capture and ideally circuit design experience. Candidates that have worked on low power or high volume electronics designs would have a distinct advantage (e.g. automotive, medical devices etc.)
Skills / Knowledge Required: Electronics Design Engineer
* Ideally a degree in a relevant subject (e.g. electronics engineering, computer science, physics etc)
* Proven industry gained electronics design engineering ability (analogue and digital) with knowledge of a variety of microcontrollers
* Good schematic capture and circuit design experience (analogue / digital) – use of Orcad, Altium or similar
* Ability to take products from concept to manufacture
* Strong communication skills, well organised and able to manage your workload
* A positive and enthusiastic attitude to learning new technologies and working within a mixed-technology / skill team is important
Others – beneficial skills: Electronics Engineer
* Knowledge of high volume manufactured products – good practical and hands on test, prototype build skills (knowledge of DFM, FMEA etc)
* Software development ability, especially working with low level (bare metal) firmware programming in C or assembler
* Understanding of any of the following would be useful - reliability analysis, sensors, detection systems, optical components, wireless systems (IoT), low power, RF
* Electronic PCB layout (Use of Altium or similar)
* Highly regulated industries (ideally safety critical / intrinsic safety) – e.g. automotive, medical devices etc
This company seeks and experienced electronics engineer. Creative and innovative flair would be great.
The role is commutable from Southampton, Fareham, Petersfield, Chichester, Bognor Regis, Portsmouth, Havant and Eastleigh.