Electronics Verification Test Engineer
Hampshire, UK £26-£32k + bonus
* Involves performing electronics test and verification testing
* Must be able to develop test plans and verification test procedures from product requirements
* Some experience of analogue / digital electronics design and development would be useful
* Able to analyse data, interpret results and fault find problems and failures
Due to continued investment into new product development and the addition of more stringent approvals and standards a new position has been created for a senior electronics test and validation engineer.
(open to graduates and exprienced test engineers)
Reporting to the engineering manager you will be responsible for the design, development and execution of electronics tests in order to verify and validate products meet appropriate requirements and design specifications.
Also you will develop electronic test processes and procedures to ensure robust adherence to stringent safety critical / highly regulated approvals and regulations.
As a senior test engineer you will technically lead other engineers, support the company during type approval and process reviews, and analyse test results, produce reports and feedback to the design teams.
The role would suit an experienced electronics test engineer with experience of developing electronics test procedures as part of a product design and development team. Graduate electronics engineer may be considered.
Skills / Knowledge:
* Ideally a degree or higher in a relevant subject (e.g. electronics engineering, computer science, physics etc)
* Proven experience of designing and developing electronics test rigs, electronics test processes and procedures
* Extensive experience of performing verification tests on analogue and digital electronics, analysing results and producing test reports
* Good communications skills (written and verbal), able to produce technical reports and present validation processes to internal teams and external bodies
* Organised, analytics and able to work autonomously, manage own projects and provide technical leadership
Others: (beneficial skills)
* Experience of highly regulated / safety critical electronics systems (e.g. medical devices, automotive, avionics, rail, intrinsic safety systems, ATEX regulated etc) and appropriate standards
* Knowledge of type approvals processes (ideally for SIL rated systems)
* Knowledge of high volume manufacturing
* Any knowledge Sensors and instrumentation (e.g. heat, gas detection etc) EMC testing, or Optical electronic systems