Repair Technician - Electronics - PCB - Sub and Final Assembly
A well-established and award winning manufacturing company, specialising in the design and production of marine acoustic technology.
To conduct rigorous electronic test practices, procedures and repairs, from final level to final assembly, across the full range of products.
* To carry out testing, adjustment and repair if necessary of PCBs, chassis and final assembly alongside customer specifications.
* To understand, observe and apply a ‘safety first’ approach at all times
* To highlight any specification or design error to either the engineer responsible or relevant supervisor and rectify if possible.
* To assist, when required, other Repair Technicians in the completion of their tasks.
* To operate administrative procedures and maintain records within the Repair and Test Department.
* To have sufficient operational knowledge of the ERP system to satisfy the Repair Department’s activities.
* To be able to provide repair quotations liaising with sales administration/customer.
Qualifications and Knowledge
* Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level
* Competent in the use of various testing tools, ie Scopes, DVM’s, Power Supplies, Time Counter, etc. Additionally be mechanically proficient and able to disassemble and reassemble products
* Ability to read and interpret technical data, ie engineering drawings, circuit diagrams, assembly drawings etc.
* Ability to deliver results through others
* Experience of liaising directly with customers and delivering the highest possible levels of customer service
* Experience of liaising directly with all levels of seniority both internally and externally to a business
* Proven history of running environmental and system testing with documented results.
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work well with others
* Communication skills: Written and verbal
* Personal drive and enthusiasm
* Good manual dexterity
If you are looking for an exciting career in marine acoustics, please contact me for further details.