Our client based in the Fareham area requires an experienced Stores Operative.
- Perform a variety of activities that include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking Work Orders and Sales Orders in accordance to the MRP schedule, packing and shipping orders to customers, and organising and retrieving stock.
Job Specific accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Receive goods and materials accurately/efficiently via Goods Inwards in accordance with the delivery schedule on MRP.
- Process all goods receipt documentation including scanning, deal with booking in problems with Purchasing and ensuring non stock orders are delivered to individuals.
- Locate stock into the correct locations from QC or Good Inwards, ensuring all stock is safely stored and stock rotation techniques are applied at all times.
- Ensure that all stock is labelled and packed appropriately to ensure it is easily identifiable and free of contamination/damage.
- Pick work orders and sales orders in relation to picking lists, ensuring excellent levels of accuracy.
- Perform general physical activities in stores area such as loading, unloading, sorting, cleaning and stock movements.
- Follow manual handling guidelines for physical stock movements ensuring appropriate lifting equipment is used where appropriate.
- Ensure that the yard is organised, clean, safe and stock is located appropriately according to its physical size - including COSHH cabinet and oil store.
- Support the processing of waste collection in line with the business requirements.
- Respond to hatch enquires with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Processing of online stores requisitions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Accurate processing of daily KPI`s, and product/part details such as new locations updates.
- Maintain all stores related equipment and vehicles and report any malfunctions to Materials Supervisor.
- Maintain high levels of stock accuracy and report any stock discrepancies to the Materials Supervisor.
- To ensure all systems and sales orders are packed to a high standard and correctly labelled for courier collections.
- To ensure crates and packing materials are ordered in a timely manner to meet system, production and internal sales deadlines.
- To undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competence, as required by their Head of Unit from time to time.
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
- To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information and Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
- To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times.
- To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business objectives or deadlines.
- To carry out any other duties as detailed by a member of the management team or authorised representative.
- To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness.
Health & Safety responsibilities:
- To ensure that the working area is a clean and safe environment in compliance with the 5S best practice and health and safety policies.
- To ensure any equipment used is safe, within electrical test date and all guards and interlocks are working and in place.
- To act safely and responsibly in line with company processes and Health and Safety procedures to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- To report any potential Health and safety hazards or violations to your supervisor/ line manager or directly to the QHSE manager.
- To ensure any PPE or work wear required or provided for the job is worn and checked regularly for wear, and then reported when replacements required.