Estimator - High-End Residential and Listed Building
Salary between £55,000 to £70,000 + Car Allowance + 25 days Holiday
A respected residential builder who providing high quality building services is searching for Building Estimator who will price residential and listed building project ranging from 500k to £10 Million.
The main role of an Estimator is to manage commercial activities with a high degree of acumen whilst identifying opportunities to add value throughout the project process.
In doing so you will price selected trades from first principles, You will also be able to produce a detailed control document at handover to delivery team and complete project take-offs to the required level of detail up to the level of SMM 7 for agreed trades. You will be able to lead and prepare the complete commercial and pricing element of a tender or cost plan.
· Successful delivery of tenders on a wide range of tenders
· Have experience of various construction methods
· Experience of controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
· Experience of reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications
· Good standard of mathematical ability
· Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc)
· Relevant degree
· Use Conquest Estimating System or similar
· Experience of taking off quantities up to SMM 7
· Working towards MCIOB/RICS
· Appropriate academic and construction qualifications, detailed knowledge of construction in both new and refurbishment work.
· The candidate must be able to confidently communicate with all members of the pre-construction team, directors, clients and consultants.
· Candidate must be able to work to strict deadlines.
If you are considering a move and would like to discuss this role or would like career advice then please call Stephen Blaymires at Interaction Construction on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed) or email: (url removed)