(phone number removed)
French Speaking Finance Manager
Office based in Farnborough, Hampshire; Issy-les-Moulineaux, Paris or Budapest.
Here at Syneos Health we are looking for an experienced Finance Manager with specialist knowledge of French accounting who can work office based in Farnborough, Hampshire (UK), Issy-les-Moulineaux, Paris (France) or Budapest (Hungary).
- Manages and controls the accounting close and reconciliation of accounts.
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of accounting records and that financial controls are performed.
- Ensures records are in compliance with US and local (as applicable) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and processes support proper separation of duties and are Sarbanes Oxley compliant.
- Assists with managing the Company accounting processes and procedures in other regional offices as requested.
- Performs line management responsibilities for staff including professional development, performance appraisals, and employee counseling. Assigns project work and reviews workload for all direct reports. Manages staff by establishing goals that will increase knowledge and skill levels, and by delegating tasks commensurate with skill level.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
- Reviews and maintains detailed journal entries.
- Reviews and maintains account reconciliations.
- Reviews and maintains supporting schedules to the general ledger accounts as well as other controls required to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Closes the ledger monthly and annually.
- Provides training to new and existing staff.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Assists in developing and maintaining Oracle systems to manage the general ledger and subledgers.
- Assists in training others in global accounting policies in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in the United States (US GAAP) and local GAAP (as applicable).
- Assists with integrating new accounting requirements into company policy and coordinate implementation efforts for new accounting standards with various teams.
- Works with the Associate Director or Director to ensure an accurate and timely year-end audit by assisting with the audit administration and all aspects of audit deliverables and inquiries.
- Assists in implementation of new procedures and technology to streamline workflow and gain efficiencies.
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills/experience:
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Progressive accounting experience, preferably within the CRO or pharmaceutical industry.
- Certified Public Accountant or qualified membership of a professional accountancy body equivalent.
- Experience in working in an internationally oriented organization and highly knowledgeable in US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience working with large Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Oracle Financial experience is preferred. Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously, organize and prioritize those tasks to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills; with direct supervisor/management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email and voice mail.
- Effective presentation and documentation skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external parties and resolve issues diplomatically.
- Strong work ethics, professional attitude and reliable.
What happens next:
If your application is successful you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters who will arrange a suitable date and time to speak to you further about this opportunity.
Why Syneos Health?
Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most. Evolve in a global company that is always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently as the only fully integrated Biopharmaceutical Accelerator. You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.