We have an exciting new vacancy for a Trainee Project Supervisor / Work Scheduler to join a leading Manufacturer, supplier and installer to the construction industry located near Hook, just outside Basingstoke.
The desired candidate will be currently working as a Project Engineer / Work Scheduler or similar within manufacturing, construction or similar and have experience scheduling projects or supervising of contracts.
You will be highly organised and driven.
In return the successful candidate will be offered a starting salary of between £30,000 to £40,000. 23 days holiday, a performance related bonus, pension and company vehicle after probation.
Trainee Project Supervisor / Work Scheduler
- Set up new or help run project which will assist the technical coordinators/QS’s valuations & applications
- Communicate with customers with the scheduling of works as well as liaising with project supervisors & operatives on what projects require meetings, surveys and works completed
- Assist with the setting up of new and existing RAMS on all projects
- Take and record toolbox talks with the site teams
- Attend some pre-start/order meetings with Project supervisors/Operations Manager
- Arrange for Handover Meetings with contracts manager where required
- Attend site prior to works starting to ensure areas are ready, issue any preparation sheets prior to job
- Attend site post application to sign of works where required and issue/complete any other relevant paperwork
- On larger projects carry out work set up, booking in deliveries, arranging site boxes, consumables etc
- Attend weekly progress meetings with other employees to discuss projects where required
- Pre quote survey visits as and where required
- Quality spot checks on the operatives and to advise the technical director if any individual requires further training and support
- Scheduling of all live contracts using the current spreadsheet system & future CRM software
- Gain a good knowledge of the contracts you are to schedule/manage
- Track all project materials in real-time, report on projects under/over correct material allocation
- Ability to forecast a project to ensure enough time & labour is allowed
- Maintain a full understanding of our client’s products and services
Experience and Skills Required:
- Be able to mentor team members
- Exercise diplomacy always
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Have confidence with dealing with customers and suppliers
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to urgent tasks
- Clean full driving license
In return you will be offered: A salary between £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience, 23 days holiday, a performance related bonus, auto enrolment to pension, ample parking provided as well as a company vehicle provided after successfully completing probation.
Commutable locations: Hook, Alton, Camberley, Farnborough, Aldershot, Farnham, Basingstoke
If you would like to apply for the position or would like any more information, please call Emily on (phone number removed) quoting reference EH13502.