Our client, a market leader in the Mortgages and Savings industry have an exciting opportunity for an experienced research analyst to join their product team. This role can be based in either Chatham or Fareham with travel involved at times.
The key purpose of this role is to assist with ensuring that the mortgage product team can consistently offer an excellent level of product management, development and governance, ensuring customers are the most important consideration.
You will own, manage and develop the Bank’s mortgage market analysis, ensuring changes to the Bank’s competitive position are understood in real time and, by identifying gaps, opportunities and threats, helping to drive product development and innovation.
Duties will include:
* Assist the Group Mortgage Product Manager with development of the mortgage proposition for the Group’s residential, buy to let and commercial mortgage lending brands
* Update and distribute regular reports on the UK mortgage market, and the Bank’s competitive position within it
* Promptly respond to ad-hoc requests for market analysis from various internal stakeholders, including senior management
* Identify market trends and opportunities, providing insight and recommendations which lead to product innovation and development
* Work with the Group Mortgage Product Manager to assess the impact of market changes on the Bank’s products
* Work with the Assistant Mortgage Product Manager to provide context and assessments of the potential impact of changes or new product proposals
* Work with internal teams, and external mortgage brokers and packagers, to gather feedback and intelligence on competitor products, as well as the market view of the Bank’s own mortgage proposition
* Manage relationships with external agencies, including sourcing systems, to ensure the Bank maximises value and benefits from the data and research available
* Regularly attend industry events and roadshows
The successful candidate will have: -
* Previous experience in a business/market research role
* Previous experience working within a mortgage-related role
* CeMap qualification