Regulatory Affairs Associate £up to c35k + Bonus + Benefits
South East AB/J4498
An experienced regulatory affairs executive for a global chemicals organisation is urgently to assist in the development and management of the company’s global chemical regulatory strategy, assisting with initiatives in regulatory compliance resulting in minimising risks to the company. As a regulatory specialist you will ensure the company complies with relevant Global Chemical regulations and you will manage and monitor assigned business unit’s compliance obligations. With your regulatory affairs experience you will administer key changes to regulations and communicate them to the business and department with a clear understanding of business impact.
* Responsible for management of global registrations (e.g. REACH, TSCA, EU-REACH, K-REACH, China-REACH) and other national and regional regulatory and compliance structures.
* Responsible for ensuring that hazard communication processes and documentation are in place to enable compliant manufacturing globally, thereby protecting our ‘right to operate’.
* Grow expertise in multiple compliance areas and represent the company in local trade associations; recommending changes to and impact of legislation
* Lead departmental projects, with support if needed, providing departmental training and wider business training where necessary.
* Implement and suggest departmental improvements to solve efficiency issues.
* Represent a specific business unit as 'point of contact'; nurturing an understanding of Sthe company and customer needs, delivering upon business driven projects
* Complete global registrations and inventory status reporting
Qualifications Skills and Experience
* Educated to BSc, MSc or PhD Degree in Chemistry, Physical Sciences or, Toxicology preferred
* Experience of Reach (registration, exposure scenarios and SVHC’s).
* Complete enquiries in a timely, accurate manner
* Classify products and write SDS in line with regional GHS requirements.
* Provide the highest level of service possible to the R&D community by becoming involved in new product development, product improvements and innovation projects. Support the handover of these projects to the regional regulatory teams.
* Be involved in the development of strategies to manage REACH- like compliance in the markets that the chemicals company operate in.
* Expertise in at least one of the following areas, polymer chemistry, new substance notifications/registrations (e.g. REACH, K-REACH), global legislation (e.g. Taiwan, China, Australia, USA), GHS/safety datasheets and labelling, SAP EHS module
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson, job ref AB/J4498 on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed) or preferably apply to